Sunday, July 18, 2010

Would anyone give me some info about the city of Bristol ?

I am going to be moving to Bristol from Italy in september to improve my english and maybe attend college in the future, and I am wondering which area of Bristol would be the most convenient and safe to live.With convenient I meant not that expensive and at the same time not so far from grocery shops and buss stops ...Since I havent been able to find much info on google, I would also like to know how the transport system works in Bristol, if its reliable and its costs..In addition, I would appreciate if someone could tell me something about the job situation in Bristol, such as the unemployment rate, and job possibilities. I will be looking for a job as waiter or kitchen helper for the beginning, would it be that hard to find ??ThanksPietro|||If you are thinking to rent somewhere, then Cotham and Redland (Bristol 6 area) have quite a few properties converted to flats. Look also at Horfield (Bristol 7 area) which is close to the Gloucester Road (A38) with shops, etc., and a straight run into the City Centre. Perhaps Bedminster (Bristol 3 area) is another possibility. Avoid Southmead and Knowle.The lower the area number, the closer the area is to the City Centre of Bristol 1.I've been away from home for some time now, and only use my car when visiting. I understand that the privatised bus services are very expensive.There are numerous restaurants and hotels in the Centre, and off the Centre, up Park Street and Whiteladies Road.Why don't you contact the Bristol Tourist Information Office and ask if they could send you some information about the City. Find contact details on the internet.See if you can get hold of a copy of the newspaper "The Bristol Evening Post", which carries details of accommodation and job vacancies. It's where I found my first job when I left school and my first flat when I left home.

No comments:

Post a Comment