Sunday, July 18, 2010

What is the estimated customs clearance time istanbul?

hello, my mother sent me a package from england uk, to alanya where i am staying, just with few items of clothing from my wardrobe at home adn tablets, the parcle was sent with parcle force 5 weeks ago , i have tracked item and it say it is in istanbul custom kargo, it has been the almost 3 weeks now.does any one know is this normal, and what is the estimate custom clearance time, thanks in advance|||It is a tricky matter. There is a lot of corruption going on over at the customs offices in Turkey. I am regularly receiving packages from various countries (eBay mania) and, unfortunately some of them never reach me.I had cases when a parcel from as far as Hong Kong would arrive to my doorstep withing 5 days of posting. Other times my packages took forever-and-then-some to arrive. At the very moment I am waiting for a DVD shipped from London - it's been 2 weeks since the Royal Mail passed it over to Turkey and I am unable to get any information about it.The longest it ever took for the parcel to arrive was 7 months (!!!) - it was an audio cassette sent from Poland. I gotta say though, it was around 1993 and things have improved (slightly) since then.I suggest you contact your local PTT office and ask them what could you do about the situation. For me, 5 weeks is usually the time when I give up on retrieving the parcel and consider it lost.|||i sent and received lots of things lately and they arrived in 10 days usually. maybe your item is held at the customs cause you need to pay customs tax for it. usually big items and electronics require tax

No comments:

Post a Comment