Sunday, September 11, 2011

Make Money on s By Flipping

Join my newsletter at efrech.ge
Rob,
Just a quick note to let you know how much I have enjoyed your ebook and the newsletter. I am very new to selling. I just listed my first item on Sunday, however I am a seasoned buyer! I know the ropes when it gees to buying. Now, I would like to learn the best techniques for selling.My goal is to learn as much as I can about the selling process, and to sell quality items. Once I begee gefortable and learn the ropes I would like to offer my okay selling service to local retailers who do not have an okay presence (small and large items). Do you think that is a good way to go? Do you know anyone else approaching okay in this manner? I know it is consignment, but instead on selling just anyones items, I would like to try and find retailers who have great items and are not utilizing okay. I appreciate your advice and wish you and your family continued success!RickHi, Rick. Thanks for the gements about the ebook and newsletter.Yes, I think offering an okay consignment business is a good idea. You can start this up real cheap, too!The benefits of your idea include:Low risk in product investing Youre dealing with a gepany with many products, not one consumer with (typically) one product to auction Here some challenges to consider:Its a lot of paperwork to keep track of how much an item sells for and who/when you split the profits Your consignment partner needs to know that most of the stuff may sell for less. You need to establish a minimum bid amount, if necessary. Many store owners sell licensed merchandise that can not be sold online I would target small to medium size gepanies and start in your area of specialty; something you know a lot about. One of the areas I learned a lot about is jewelry. Ive worked with many small jewelry stores and sold their items. I mean, tons of jewelry is typically just sitting in their stores, often for years, and they would be pleased to get some cash back for it.
Another idea similar to yours is what I call okay Flipping. And, since you mentioned your a seasoned buyer, this also may be a good idea for you. okay Flipping is buying stuff on okay and then bringing the items to consignment stores. Kind of a backwards way of making money with okay, hence the term for this idea.Let me give you an example. okay is ideal for two ways: finding really good, outrageous deals and/or finding really unique and hard to find items. Lets take the first idea and say your a jewelry guru, you can practically smell an insanely good necklace up for auction. You know the product is legimate (mostly because of a long feedback history) and you win the item for a mere $10. Bring the necklace to a local boutique store and have them sell it for you. My local boutique and fashion stores get HUGE mark-ups for their products. Typically in the consignment business, the sale of the item is split 50/50. So, if the necklace sold for a reasonable $60, youd make $20 (half of $60 minus the cost of the necklace). Do that just 10 times a week and youve got $200. The works hours are very flexible, too!You can buy tons of stuff on okay and have a bricks and mortar consignment business. Thats okay Flipping in a nutshell.Either way, I think you have a good idea. Hope this helps.
- Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment